If the saying “you are what you eat” was true, I would be a chicken. Considering I make chicken at least three times a week, and I for a while I showed no signs of slowing down. I got to the point this semester though, where I just couldn’t eat another piece of chicken no matter how it was prepared. I just never thought the day would come, but it came and it was not easy.
So, I decided to turn to something different. I picked up some pork chops and went with it. This is a really simple rub that you mix up and then just put on your pork chops. It isn’t too expensive and really works for a college student that is tired of chicken. I will be bringing this with me when I move home to cook without a doubt.
|4 Pork Chops|
|1/2 tsp Garlic Powder|
|1/2 tsp Paprika|
|1/4 cup Brown Sugar|
|1/2 tsp Pepper|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all of the spices together in a small bowl.
3. Rub the spice mix on the pork chops, use all of the mixture.
4. Heat oil in a pan, and once it is heated put the pork chops in the pan to brown them. Cook the cops for about 5 minutes on each side (10 minutes total)
5. Transfer the chops to a baking pan lined with foil and place the chops in the oven for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove them from the oven, and make sure to drag them around in the juices is created from cooking.
When you are tired of chicken, don’t forget there are other things out there! Just as cheap and just as easy.